Here are some specific details for the arrival of campers on opening day:
Dropping Your Camper Off at NEMC:
1. Park in the NEMC parking lot.
2. Registration begins at 1:00 pm on the porch of the Lodge, the main building on the NEMC campus. There you will receive your cabin assignment, camper handbook, music schedule and camper banking checkbook. Staff members will be around to answer any and all questions!
3. Check in at the Infirmary. All medications, prescribed or not, must be left in the Infirmary.
4. Move into your cabin. You may drive directly to your cabin to unpack.
5. Camp tours will begin every half hour, leaving from the flagpole in front of the Lodge. Tours normally run for about twenty minutes, and are a great way to get to know your surroundings – we highly recommend going on one, especially if you’re new to NEMC!
6. Visit the Canteen, where you can enjoy complimentary cookies and lemonade, and browse our collection of NEMC attire. We’ll also have our brand new NEMC maple syrup bottles for sale, courtesy of one of our local business partners, Bacon Farms in Sidney.
If you’re coming to NEMC via the Boston Bus:
Counselors will be meeting campers in both Logan Airport and at Boston’s South Station – keep an eye out for the folks in NEMC Staff tee shirts!
Arriving in Boston
Airline: An NEMC staff member will make every effort to meet your son/daughter at the security gate. In the event that many flights arrive simultaneously, a NEMC staff member may not be at the security gate when your child arrives. Therefore, please instruct your child to remain at the security gate until they are met by NEMC staff. Together they will proceed to United Baggage
Amtrak (Train or Bus): Meet NEMC staff member at South Station Amtrak information booth.
Car Drop Off:
· Logan Airport meeting location: United baggage claim area in Terminal B.
· South Station meeting location: Amtrak information booth.
All campers must report to these locations by 1pm so that the bus can begin the trip back to NEMC for arrival before dinner. Campers arriving on the Boston bus will check in upon arrival at Camp.
No matter how you’re arriving at NEMC, we look forward to welcoming you to what will be a fantastic summer of music making and friendship! See you soon!