Financial Aid and Scholarship: New England Music Camp was founded by Paul Wiggin in 1937 with the determination that any deserving child who wished to attend NEMC should be able to do so regardless of family financial circumstances. Thanks to the support and generosity of those who share Paul Wiggin’s mission, NEMC has continued to serve deserving children for over 80 years.
Click here for detailed information about the various named scholarships and aid we are proud to offer.
Need-Based Financial Aid
- How to apply for need-based financial aid:
- DOWNLOAD APPLICATION Financial aid and scholarship applications must be submitted with a copy of the first two pages of most recent 1040 tax form. All campers receiving aid will be required to participate in work/study as a portion of their aid award [NOTE: 1040 is not required for work/study scholarship only].
Merit-Based Scholarships – application deadline March 15th
- Jerry and Irene Green Scholarship: Single-session (3-week), full tuition scholarship.
- Eligible instruments: Tuba, Euphonium, String Bass, Trombone, French Horn, Bassoon, Oboe
- Damon Holton Classical Guitar Scholarship: Full season (6-week) full tuition scholarship.
- Leon and Linda Gregorian Merit Scholarship: $1000 scholarship awarded to a new violin or viola student.
- Bill and Dorothy Schmearer Scholarship for Jazz Studies: Single-session (3-week), full tuition scholarship awarded to a new senior (age 15+) camper.
- Eligible instruments: Trumpet, Trombone, Saxophone, Piano, Bass, and Drum Set.
- NEMC 80th Anniversary Advisory Board Scholarships: The 80th Anniversary Scholarship is a scholarship, in the amount of $1000-$4500, awarded by the NEMC Board of Advisors to qualifying instrumental major(s). Applicants can be either new or returning campers.
- Eligible instruments for 2017: Bass, Violin, Viola, Bassoon, Oboe, Trombone, Tuba, Euphonium, French Horn, Musical Theater.