PERCUSSION FACULTY POSITIONS (2)
(One Jazz Specialist and One General)
Interested applicants please send:
- Cover letter, resume and names/contact info of 3 references.
- Video of your teaching. (highlights, 10 – 20 minutes)
- Video or audio recording of:
- 1 movement from a Solo Suite or Sonatas and Partitas by J.S. Bach on marimba or keyboard percussion.
- 6 contrasting excerpts from the orchestral repertoire on snare drum, xylophone, bells and timpani.
- Demonstrate different styles as applicable:
- Jazz Specialist: drum set (swing/combo/contemporary)
- General: World Percussion (steel drums/ethnic drumming)
Must be available to teach 22 June through 7 August, 2017. Pay is $3,000 plus Room, board and a variable travel stipend.
Deadline for receipt of all materials: 1 February, 2017
Please send all materials (electronically) to: bill.tortolano at snowpond.org
Founded in 1937, New England Music Camp is a summer camp for music students ages 11–18, located on 200 acres in Sidney, Maine, on the eastern shore of Messalonskee Lake in the Belgrade Lakes region. It follows a balanced structure of musical training (in the morning) and standard athletic activities (in the afternoon) such as sailing, kayaking, archery, tennis, softball, soccer, volleyball, badminton etc. There are numerous concerts offered free to the public during its six-week season on site at the Bowl in the Pines or Alumni Hall (respectively, the camp’s outdoor and indoor performance venues).
Faculty members at New England Music Camp are carefully chosen for both their achievements as professional performers and their recognition for excellence in teaching. We live in a close knit community where we dine family style and many of our faculty enjoy joining the campers on the recreation fields.