NEMC CAMP COUNSELOR
New England Music Camp seeks people who are enthusiastic, skilled, creative and sensitive to the emotional needs of others. The selection of counselors will be based primarily upon the demonstration of leadership qualities, recreational skills and genuine interest and understanding of young people. Priority will be given to those applicants who (1.) have had previous experience in counseling and/or resident camping, (2.) can demonstrate ability to plan and implement innovative activities and (3.) work successfully as team members. Your musical ability (or lack thereof) will have no bearing on your selection as a prospective counselor, with the single exception of guitar skills. As a counselor, you will have no responsibilities in the music portion of our program and will have limited time to participate in the program yourselves.
- Live in cabins with campers (ages 11-18)
- Supervise campers in living areas
- Plan and supervise afternoon recreational programs and evening social programs
- Work cooperatively with other counselors, staff and music faculty members
- Applicants have reached the age of 19 and have completed one year of college or similar experience prior to the beginning of the camp season.
- Applicants must have an interest in working with and leading young people.
- As counselors do not have any responsibilities in the music portion of the NEMC program, musical ability has no bearing on the hiring process.